Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Knitter's Daydream

Nantucket Island is the epitome of an American needlework paradise.  Nantucket is historically rich with traditions in crafts such as basketweaving, knitting, rug hooking, and  needlepoint.  It is no wonder that needlework legends Claire Murray and Erica Wilson chose to open their successful businesses on this gorgeous island. From the scent of the salty air intermingled with the  fragrance of  abundant  cottage garden flowers, to the breath taking views of the turbulent Atlantic Ocean, Nantucket is singularly inspirational. I would love to be there right now, relaxing and pulling  my knitting project out of my bag ...


Knitting in Nantucket


 Perfect summer weight yarn  Allegoro by Classic Elite  Verde Collection


3 comments:

  1. Nantucket has edged to the top of my holiday list, hubs and I have been pouring over all the info about it, I would also love to go at Christmas time, it would be like another world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT POST:)
    Your blog is so lovely..do you have twitter or fb to follow with??

    If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration...check out my blog:)

    Have a great day dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete